AEM 30-1910 - AEM Fuel/Ignition Controller Details
The AEM F/IC is an economical solution for controlling fuel and ignition on vehicles that do not require stand-alone engine management, including variable cam timing engines like VTEC, VVTi and MiVEC.
The F/IC is a PC programmable unit that gives users with OBD-II vehicles and non-factory forced induction systems the ability to retard ignition and deliver accurate amounts of fuel without the need for outdated FMUs or ''boost hiding'' controllers. This system works parallel to the factory ECU preventing tuning limitations due to complex factory timing patterns and will not cause a check engine light (CEL).
Precise Fuel Delivery
The F/IC intercepts the signal to the stock injectors, allowing the user to modify pulse-width by +/-100%. The F/IC is the only piggy-back system that can decrease injector pulse-width, allowing the user to drive larger aftermarket injectors while still maintaining proper air / fuel ratios. This powerful system can also tap into the factory injector signal and work independently to drive up to six (6) additional injectors.
Timing Retard Control
The F/IC has the ability to retard timing by intercepting and delaying the outputs from the cam and crank position sensors to the engine - with no adverse affect on applications equipped with variable cam timing. The F/IC can retard timing from the factory system based on engine RPM and load inputs.
Sensor Calibration and Control
The F/IC can also be used to recalibrate / clamp the MAF sensor, eliminating common problems with non-boosted factory MAFs. The on-board MAP sensor allows for proper fueling in boosted applications.
CAN-BUS SYSTEMS NOT AFFECTED
Since the F/IC works in conjunction with the factory ECU, late-model vehicles equipped with a CAN-BUS system retain functionality of climate controls, dash and other components on the network.
- Works with latest OBD-II vehicles including variable valve control
- Variable Valve timing controller based on Engine RPM and Load
- Six (6) injector inputs with simulated injector load used when remapping OEM injectors
- Six (6) fuel injector controllers for either remapping of ECU output (+/- 100% trim) or as a stand-alone extra injector driver
- 21x17 maps with configurable load and RPM breakpoints
- Analog in / out for remapping / clamping MAF
- F/IC draws power from PC USB interface for quick and easy calibration changes
- 64kb on-board data logger
- Drives high impedence injectors or low impedence injectors with use of Peak & Hold Injector Driver Box
- Three (3) channels of timing retard
- Supports MAG or HALL sensor types
- On board 41PSIA (approx. 25PSI boost) manifold pressure sensor
- Windows-based Tuning Software
- Fuel/Ignition Controller Module
- Pro-Tuner Software CD
- F/IC Bypass Harness
- 24'' Flying Lead Harness
- 36'' Vacuum Hose
- 3/16'' T-Fitting
- 10' USB COM Cable
- 4 - 4'' Zip Ties
- Instruction Manual
Note: Fits Most 4 and 6 Cylinder Applications with the exception of the following:
- Honda/Acura with MAG pickup, excluding 2000-2007 S2000
- 2000-2005 S2000
- 2003-2005 Dodge SRT4
- Universal Fuel/Ignition Controller for V8 (Excluding Chrysler/Dodge Hemi)
- 2006-2008 Chrysler/Dodge with V8 Hemi