For racing, you need a clutch that will enable quick shifts and hard slips to advance you across the finish line. ACT Xtreme clutch kits maximize the road to high performance by meshing solid products, outstanding quality, and exceptional value. These Xtreme clutch kits with racing or street discs are based on solid engineering principles. They afford a clamp load increase of 50 to 100 percent with moderate-to-stiff pedal feel, and many of these new, not rebuilt, units are SFI-certified to ensure safety. You've spent long hours building your engine; get it in motion with the smooth, precise feel and longer life of the ACT Xtreme clutch kits.
- Premium ceramic friction materials provide high-heat tolerance, high coefficient of friction and low wear rates.
- All friction pads are measured, sorted and matched before assembly to ensure that each disc is uniform in thickness.
- Carefully broached splines to ensure exact fit onto the transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
- ACT provides thicker retainer stampings for increased strength and reliability.
- Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and rivet materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
- ACT spring retainers feature wraparound spring windows that provide support and reduce stress concentrations, which are common causes of failure.
- Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cases than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application.
- All drive plates consist of high-carbon spring steel that is heat-treated and black zinc-plated to resist bending, cracking, fatiguing and rusting, even under severe racing conditions.
- Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
- Most spring-centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs to create frictional dampening, which reduces noise and extends clutch life.
- All race discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
Torque Capacity: 821 ft/lbs;
Clamp Load Increase: 62%;
From 4/86 Thru 8/92 Production Date; w/ Pull Type Clutch; Excl W58 Trans
Clutch kit includes the following:
- 4-Puck Clutch Disc
- ACT Xtreme Pressure Plate
- New Pilot Bearing
- New Throwout Bearing
- Clutch Alignment tool
Please Select Clutch type above, offered in Solid Race(unsprung) or Street (Sprung Disc).
Picture shown does not represent product sold.