These ACT heavy-duty (HD) clutch kits offer a clamp load increase of 20 to 50 percent, increasing torque capacity. The pedal feels stock to moderate with these clutches. Many are SFI-certified to ensure safety.
- ACT carefully selects the right amount of cushioning between the linings to allow for good engagement characteristics without sacrificing performance.
- ACT Performance Street discs feature premium friction material. With this material, the disc achieves better heat tolerance and faster recovery from overheating.
- Carefully broached splines to ensure exact fit onto the transmission input shaft for long spline life and better clutch release.
- Precision stampings for disc components are manufactured using dedicated tooling. This allows ACT to offer the highest in quality and consistency.
- Top grade rivets are used to securely fasten the part together. Rivet design and materials are carefully selected for maximum strength.
- ACT spring retainers feature wraparound spring windows that provide support and reduce stress concentrations, which are common causes for failure. These spring retainers are offered on most ACT Modified and Performance Street discs.
- Heavy duty torsional dampening springs are stronger in most cases than standard springs and are provided in the best sizes and spring rates to suit the application. Quiet operation is ensured from original equipment (OE) quality torsional dampeners.
- Spring windows on most ACT street discs are heat-treated to resist wear, increase strength and reduce the chance of springs “popping” out.
- Most ACT spring-centered assemblies use bushings and cone springs, similar to factory clutch discs. This creates frictional dampening that improves clutch life and reduces noise.
- ACT rigid-hub discs are of minimal weight for faster shifts, resulting in less stress on synchronizers, and provide race-proven performance with street manageability.
- Warning: Gear noise may occur due to the absence of torsional dampening springs, or with stiffer dampening springs.
- All Modified, Performance and many standard replacement discs are certified as meeting SFI Specification 1.1 and are legal in all racing organizations that require SFI certification.
Torque Capacity: 584 ft/lbs;
Clamp Load Increase: 47%;
Clutch kit includes the following:
- Organic Compound Street Clutch Disc
- ACT HD Pressure Plate
- New Pilot Bearing
- New Throwout Bearing
- Clutch Alignment tool
Picture shown does not represent product sold.