The Typhoon™ Air Intake System is a free-flowing, mandrel-bent, aluminum tube induction system designed to provide cool, dense air to the engine to increase performance. It is a direct replacement for the restrictive OE air box, filter, and inlet tract. Using the most advanced airflow management technology, K&N has optimized the flow characteristics of the Typhoon Air Intake System to complement its high-flow Filtercharger®. Designed specifically for the Nissan 350Z, this system bolts directly to the factory mounting points. The aluminum tube is available in two distinctive finishes: powdercoated sparkled blue, or brightly polished aluminum. It comes with a reusable, conical K&N Filtercharger® element backed by a Million Mile Limited Warranty, and complete with all installation hardware and instructions.
* Custom-built stainless-steel, barrel-locking hose-clamps, for higher clamping force and a unique look.
* K&N’s reusable, Xstream Airflow Top filters are used on most applications to ensure the highest flowing filtration possible.
* Precision CNC machined, 6061 billet aluminum adapters for accurate Mass airflow sensor readings.
* Powdercoated, steel brackets used where high engine torque can cause increased stress on the intake system.
* Unique 4-ply Dupont Nomex reinforced, silicone hoses for increased durability, tensile strength, and a high temperature range.
* Silicone, rubber, vibration mounts are used to absorb stress and movement caused by engine torque.
* CNC Mandrel-bent, 6061 aluminum tubing for smooth straightened airflow.
* Drychargers are included in all Cold-Air intake systems. Provides added protection by repelling water from entering the intake tract.
* Tests have shown up to 15 more horsepower with no other alterations, which can increase if used with other upgrades!