BorgWarner EFR (Engineered For Racing) Series turbos are purpose built units for the performance market & meet the needs of the next generation turbo consumer. Revolutionarily from the ground up, each incorporates a long list of features never before seen in a single package. All old technology has been thrown away completely & the result is a whole new breed of turbo, packed full of cutting edge advancements. Great emphases has been put towards a more compact design, making each EFR the ideal choice for applications with limited space available. Outstanding ease of installation & budget friendly (thanks to their 'total package' platform) every EFR eliminates the need to purchase/fabricate/install a separate blow of valve & related flanges/tubing due to their already integrated BOV. The internally wastegated units present another large advantage in savings & install simplicity by eliminating the need for an external wastegate(s), related fab work & otherwise cumbersome materials.
The EFR 6258 is the smallest and fastest spooling EFR turbocharger in the lineup. Ideal for small engines in single OR twin turbo configuration, this is an excellent turbocharger for autocross, rally, drift, road racing and street driven applications. The 62mm OD compressor has a 49.6mm inducer rated at 44lb/min max flow - supporting up to 440hp. This compressor wheel is versatile with very large map width for outstanding power potential, even at high boost. The low inertia 58mm Gamma-Ti turbine wheel is optimally matched for maximum response and fast spool with the FMW compressor wheel. EFR 6258 uses the smallest-sized EFR compressor housing, making fitment in the tightest engine bays possible. Ideal for use in single turbo applications for the 260-440hp range, or as twin turbo applications 400-700+hp **will not shuffle in twin turbo configuration like twin garretts** Ceramic Ball Bearing only, watercooling recommended.
- Compressor Type: Forged-Milled Wheel (FMW) Extended Tip
- Compressor Wheel OD (exducer): 62mm
- Compressor Wheel Inducer: 49.6mm
- Max Flow Rate: 44 lb/min
- Built-in BOV: All EFR compressor housings incorporate an integrated BOV.
- Compressor Housing: 2.5" inlet, 2.0" hose coupler outlet.
- Turbine type: Low Inertia Gamma-Ti Turbine Wheel
- Turbine Wheel OD: 58mm (recommended) OR 55mm
- Stainless Steel Investment Cast Housing
- 0.64 A/R T2 (T25) Housing(Internal WG)
- Turbine outlet: GT-Vband (aka small 3" vband) ~92mm OD for all EFR turbos
* Turbine Wheel OD: 58mm
* Available Housing Option #1: T25 Inlet, 3" (92mm OD) V-band downpipe discharge, .64 A/R, w/ Internal Wastegate
* Available Housing Option #2: T4 Divided / Twin scroll Inlet, 3" (92mm OD) V-band downpipe discharge, .92 A/R w/ Internal Wastegate
* Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearing Design (extreme durability & the lowest friction / fastest spooling bearing design produced to date)
* Built-in -4 AN oil control orifice included (no restrictor needed)
* Water-cooled ( water-cooling is recommended but not mandatory)
* Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability & resistance to oil seepage
- Dual Row Ceramic Ball Bearings - lowest friction and fastest spool/response, most extreme durability, built-in oil control orifice - (aka oil restrictor) **no restrictor can be used with EFR turbos
- Watercooled Center Section - watercooling is recommended, 14mm banjo bolts
- Double seals on both turbine and compressor end for extreme durability and resistance to any oil seepage
- Boost Control Solenoid Valve Integrated to Compressor Housing
- Integrated Speed Sensor mounting provisions
Please Note: Borg Warner EFR Turbochargers are usually made to order and can sometimes take an extended period of time for delivery. we can not guarantee any specific delivery time